During the early 1940’s the Batterjee family brought Medicine to Saudi Arabia
The first hospital started operations in 1988 in Jeddah thus bringing contemporary German healthcare standards to the door step of the local community. After establishing a strong reputation for its quality of care and scientific management SGH expanded to other areas of Saudi Arabia and beyond.
There were large numbers of patients from Saudi Arabia going to Germany for quality medical treatment. These patients and their families found it difficult to identify right centre for their disease and also huge cultural and logistic difficulties.
The Batterjee family therefore decided to establish hospital in Jeddah through its strategic relationship with well known German Universities.